Cuts and scrapes: inevitable, frequent (especially if you have kids), and always unwelcome.
What should you do? How can Essential Oils help?
1. Stop any bleeding – apply pressure if needed. Apply Helichrysum topically to area of concern. If Helichrysum is not available, consider Lemon or Geranium.
2. Clean the area and remove foreign debris. Consider diluted Protective Blend. If that blend is unavailable, try Melaleuca or the Cleansing Blend. If at this point the cut is more than a quarter inch deep or cannot be closed, please see a health care provider.
3. Apply an ointment or salve. Apply Essential Ointment, Frankincense, Myrrh, Lavender, Melaleuca, or the Protective Blend. Repeat this every four to six hours until you are sure there are no negative reactions.
4. Protect the area.
5. Monitor for health. Apply Helichrysum repeatedly until the area is no longer affected to promote smooth, healthy looking skin.
During this time, you can also use Lavender, the Grounding Blend, the Reassuring Blend, or the Restful Blend to promote feeling of calmness and stress relief.
If the wound is superficial, consider the following recipe.
ESSENTIAL OILS OWIE SPRAY RECIPE
• 2 Ounce Glass Spray Bottle
• 10 Drops Frankincense
• 10 Drops Lavender
• 10 Drops Melaleuca
• Fractionated Coconut Oil
Combine Essential Oils in spray bottle and top off with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Spray on area of concern.
QUESTION – HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE CUTS AND SCRAPES AROUND YOUR HOUSE?
A. LESS THAN ONCE A MONTH.
B. ONCE A MONTH.
C. ONCE A WEEK.
D. MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK.